WATER

Water and its role in coffee production

In a cup of coffee, 98% is water and the remaining 2% consists of coffee substances, so we have an understanding of the extent to which water influences the quality of the beverage. Up until now, a lot of emphasis has been placed on coffee as a raw material, the espresso machine, the grinder and of course the “hand” of the barista in the preparation of an espresso beverage. Ultimately, however, all of this only covers 2% of the beverage.

For all these reasons, we at Delmocca pay particular attention to the quality of the water. A specialised technician makes all the necessary measurements and suggests the ideal solution for your shop. This results in a cup of higher quality coffee that highlights all its characteristics.

Water and coffee quality

Water is a living organism. As a consequence, the problems that can arise from water with negative quality characteristics (e.g. odours, chlorine, salts, pesticides, heavy metals, etc.) are numerous and affect hygiene, the quality of coffee beverages and the operation of espresso machines. Where water is heated, there is a concentration of salts and scale formation, which dramatically increases maintenance costs if there is no water softening system (or any other water treatment method that is considered necessary).

In cases of small holes and perforations, further salt accumulation occurs, resulting in the malfunctioning of the machine. In any case, the choice of a suitable water treatment system for all types of commercial machines is made after an analysis of the water quality characteristics and an economical study by a qualified partner.

Latest Posts

Enter your personal details and start journey with us.

New membership are not allowed.

To keep connected with us please login with your personal info.

Hashtag

#delmocca #bydelmocca #specialitycoffeeroasters #roasters #coffeeexperts #greekcoffee

ΔΕΥΘΗΝΣΗ

Delmocca
Λεωφ. Βάρης- Κορωπίου, Κορωπί, Θέση Πότσι, Τ.Κ 19400

ΕΠΙΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΑ

+30 210 6640252
info@delmocca.gr

ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ

Μέσα σε μία δυναμική αγορά καφέ, η Delmocca, έχοντας μια μοναδική γκάμα προϊόντων, κατάφερε να στηρίξει εκατοντάδες επιχειρήσεις εστίασης όχι μόνο στον καφέ, αλλά και σε άλλα προϊόντα.

ΠΕΡΙΣΣΟΤΕΡΑ